Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sneak Peek

Saturday I'm having a few girlfriends over for a viewing of Mama Mia (maybe with a sing along).



I'm feeling very Mediterranean, very sunny, very Greek.



Here's a sneak peek at a few things I've put together to make us feel like we're right there in Greece at the Villa Donna preparing to enjoy Sophie's wedding...


The Mediterranean sun inspired these colours.


Beautiful, sunny, yellow flowers for the table.










Some pretty yellow napkins as well as a beautiful bowl with sunny colours for the salad.

The menu too is Greek inspired, Greek Salad with tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, olives, feta cheese & of course the traditional oregano olive oil dressing, Greek Potato Salad, and in lieu of ouzo, I've decided to make a lovely, fruity Sangria with a deep, rich, red Greek wine.


Well, I can hardly wait till Saturday, just have to tune up my singing voice for the sing along.



Are there any more singable songs than Abba?


"Mamma mia, here I go again
My my, how can I resist you?
Mamma mia, does it show again?
My my, just how much Ive missed you
Yes, Ive been brokenhearted
Blue since the day we parted
Why, why did I ever let you go?
Mamma mia, now I really know,
My my, I could never let you go."

4 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

So excited!!!! Cannot wait to sing!!!! and EAT!!!!!!! I'm making the brownies tomorrow morning :) Not very greek but we shall forgive that fact since they are so yummy!

Name: Ali said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!
You should stop by your local M&M's or a greek butcher shop and pick up some "spanikopita" it's a greek pastry. It's DELICIOUS!

Enjoy your lady's night in!

<3

julochka said...

i watched that movie recently on a plane and was so touched i cried my eyes out, right there in front of everyone in business class. it made me want to have a mamma mia! party as well. i think for our 10th anniversary, which is coming up in february!

hope you'll post pix/recipes after the party!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

I love, love, love this movie. I have my very own copy of the DVD and the CD soundtrack. The first time I watched it, I was by myself and had the entire house to myself. I was swinging, dancing and singing like a mad person... but heck, I had fun.

Printing

Print Posts