Friday, January 9, 2009

Grateful Friday


Today I raise an attitude of gratitude for this beautiful young woman .... my cherished daughter.

Our start together was rocky as she was born with health issues which kept her in and out of the hospital for three months, preventing me from the bonding that she and I should have shared.

At three months when she was finally well enough to be home with me full time, we started our journey together as mother and daughter.

And what a journey it has been.

My pride swells as I think about her and what she has accomplished.

She nurtures a beautiful family of four children and a wonderful husband who has fit into our family like another son.

She possesses extraordinary talents .... quilting, doll making and now her latest - photography.

She is a determined woman. Whatever she sets her mind to ... she achieves. Just like her mother (LOL).

She is an amazing mother, homeschooling her children, cooking and baking everything using only the best of natural ingredients and has made a lovely, warm and cozy home.
Check Spelling
The other day, I keenly felt the need to see my grand babies so I drove out there to surprise them. I casually mentioned to Seb that I loved the picture from her blog of the Tomato Roasted Red Pepper Bisque. So while I sat at her kitchen table enjoying a cup of white tea, she roasted the peppers and prepared a pot of this delicious bisque for me.

Then we spent the afternoon sharing, talking, enjoying each others company. How fortunate I am to have a daughter that I can call "friend". She knows me almost as well as I know myself and never fails to surprise me with her insight.

Just a little sidenote - I was fortunate enough to see my princess Gabriella before I left who never fails to make me feel much loved when she wraps her little arms around my neck and snuggles in for hugs and kisses, but not before she inquires "where's poppa??"

Sebrina is succeeding in guilding her four children along the path to becoming loving & caring individuals - no small feat.

Looking at her accomplishments so far, I wonder what great things are yet to come?

Let no one tell me that this young woman is not a marvel.

How proud I am to call this extraordinary young woman - my daughter.

4 comments:

julochka said...

what a sweet and wonderful tribute. it's also nice to learn a little bit more since i've been getting to know sebrina thru her new blog(s) and flickr! :-)

Sebrina Wilson said...

Where was the Kleenex warning!!!!!!! I am not good at taking compliment but I will try... Thank you :)

Mamato2 said...

Wow, mama. Many daughters never get to hear how special they are even if their mothers FEEL it. You are both ultra-blessed.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Like you Barb, I am blessed to have a dear and wonderful daughter. She is so special in her papa and my eyes and heart. I think I might be seeing a little of what I would have loved to be when I was 27.

Printing

Print Posts