Wednesday, January 21, 2009

6:28 AM


That was the moment thirty two years ago that I delivered my second child ..... I thrilled to the words "it's a girl". Then as I held my baby girl in my arms ~ I marvelled at her perfection. That seems like only yesterday.

Today I see a woman who is a wife and mamma to four beautiful babes of her own.

It is hard to believe that in the blink of an eye this women ~ my child went from a babe in my arms to a mother with babes of her own.

You've grown into such a wise, beautiful woman of whom we are so proud. I feel fortunate that we enjoy a close friendship.

She and I recently watched Mamma Mia together and one poignant song in the musical was "Slipping Through My Fingers". As I listened to Donna sing this to her daughter Sophia it brought tears to my eyes as I thought of how time like sand in an hour glass had slipped through my fingers. The words are beautiful in this song. Click on the song title to hear it. (Edited to add ~ when I clicked today on the song, it brought up a different ABBA song)

On Grateful Friday January 9th, I wrote how grateful I was for this special girl. No more needs to be said today.

Happy Birthday my girl!

These pictures are a few memories that are special to me.

4 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Lovely words Barb. That song "Slipping through my fingers" made me cry so much the first time I watched Mama Mia... and I still cry when I hear it.

donna said...

I cam across from Sebrina's blog...to see her baby pictures. How wonderful it is to read your beautiful words about your daughter. What a gift your relationship is!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your dear daughter!

Mamato2 said...

So, you kinda like her, huh? LOL Lovely post and pics.

Printing

Print Posts