Monday, January 19, 2009

Comfort ~ Food ~ PM


This recipe is one of my favourites and one that I find very comforting.

I am not good at following recipes to the letter, so here is the way I make ~ Chicken Paprikash

~ Chop 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite size pieces and dredge in flour.
~ Chop one large onion and garlic (as much or little as you like - I love garlic, so I used approximately 3 cloves).
~ Fry in olive oil.
~ Add the chicken and cover in paprika. Salt & pepper to taste.

~ Cook until chicken has turned white. ~ Add one can of diced tomatoes & 1/2 can of chicken stock.

Continue simmering on low for approximately 30 minutes. Serve over white rice with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chopped parsley.

Delicious!

4 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

I have chicken defrosting for tomorrow night's supper and this is what I'm making for sure. I've never had it but it sounds delicious.

Amber said...

This sounds great! Thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, we've never made chicken paprikash before. Might have to try it soon after seeing your photo!

Heidi said...

That sounds good and easy. I love food day...I've gotten sooo many great recipes to try!

Printing

Print Posts