Saturday, January 10, 2009

Words

I am a collector of quotes.

Positive, reaffirming, life changing words.

Words have the power to lift us up, plant a seed of hope, make us smile, express love, encourage, engage, motivate.

But words can also tear us down, destroy hope, terrorize, bring a tear to the eye, express hatred, discriminate, discourage, manipulate, control, criticize, bully.

Choose your words judiciously. The words you speak may be shaping a life.

Over the next little while I would like to share some of my favourite quotes with you. Hope you enjoy my choices.


If you don't like something, change it.
If you can't change it, change your attitude."


Maya Angelou

7 comments:

Iris said...

I've been coming across all kinds of cute but good quotes lately. Must be the season for them or something. I've got this one on my blog now:

Replace the fear of the unknown with curiosity.

Another one that I have up on my dry erase board is:

Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry.

Okay, so maybe they're not so much quotes as little inspirational sayings but I still love both of them. The french fry one always puts a smile on my face.

Sebrina Wilson said...

Good one! Love it!

Barb said...

Iris, I love your quote: "Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry."

I've entered it in my quote journal. Terrific. Makes me smile.

Barb

julochka said...

i love words and quotes too! and maya anjelou.

have fun with your mamma mia party this evening!

Mamato2 said...

I love Maya Angelou. I love words :)

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Call me crazy but I love everything that comes out of Dr. Seuss : "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" Dr. Seuss.

Barb said...

Vickie, I love Dr. Suess too!

Printing

Print Posts