Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Did I Say ~ I LOVE MY CRAFT ROOM!


Loving my craft room and the luxury it affords me to go somewhere where I can concentrate on nothing but the task at hand, no phone, no TV, no bodies to bother me.

Did I say - I just love my craft room!

I've started another quilt ~ just to break the monotony of working on just one.

The pattern I am using for this quilt is an Amy Butler pattern. It is pieced completely using a variety of lovely toiles given to me by a friend at Christmas time. It is such a simple pattern and I pieced almost the entire top in an afternoon.

When the top, backing and batting are all pinned together I'm going to quilt using the stitch-in-the-ditch quilting technique on the sewing machine.

Easy peasy!

When it is completed it will be approximately 36" x 36" ... not too big and not too small .... just the right size to throw over my legs if I feel a little chilly.

(Chris, hope you like this!!!)

7 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous!!!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Girl... you are killing me with that fabric. It's gorgeous. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Vic
xxo
PS : I use my nice blue quilt :-) every evening when I'm snuggly on the couch. Thanks again.

julochka said...

beautiful! i get my new sewing machine tomorrow and then i can finish quilting the one i started ages ago (the one i wanted to do in a day..and i did do the top in a day, but was stopped from quilting it by my ancient husqvarna's thread tension issues. tomorrow, my new pfaff 2134 will arrive and i'll be in business!

Barb said...

Julie, Don't forget to post a picture when it's done.

Now I'm a little jealous a pfaff sewing machine ~ only in my dreams. Barb xo

Barb said...

Vickie, It just makes me feel good inside to know that my quilt is being used and loved by you. Thanks for letting me know that. Love Barb xo

Chris said...

Ooh! Beautiful! I love those fabrics, I've never seen any like that before and it's certainly not because I don't frequent quilt shops!

Iris said...

That's so cool. I love the way everything fits together!

I love my compter/art room too. It's such a tiny space but that just makes everything within arms reach and I don't have to get out of my chair. Right not it's currently being occupied by boys playing their video games. -bah-

Printing

Print Posts