Friday, June 27, 2008

A Sneak Peek

On my last post about my craft room, I had said I was feeling a little pink.

After spending quite a lot of time looking through wallpaper books and not finding what I had in mind, I decided to paint instead which actually works out cheaper. Under $100.00 for the entire room.

I chose Benjamin Moore "Rose Petal Pink" and then tattooed the wall with "Cloud White".

Here is a very small sneak peek at the colour and part of the tattoo. I did one wall today to see how I feel about it. The tattoo actually covers 48" x 30" ..... In both pictures, I zoomed in close so you could see the pattern.

My only concern is that it may look bubble gum pink when I'm done, but I think this is a soft enough pink so as to not give that appearance. I'll keep my fingers crossed, I've never done an entire room in pink before, so I hope with all the white furniture and my pine harvest table that it won't be like sitting in a big pink bubble ........


Here is an extreme closeup to show part of the pattern.

I'd love to know what you think.

6 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

You want to know what I think !!!! I LOVE IT. Love the color, love (I am in love with) the tattoo. Did you free-hand that tattoo ? This is the first time I've seen this in a room and I'm thinking ''would look nice in my up-coming craft room''. The room color is going to look soooooo nice with the white furniture. Can't wait to see the whole room put together.

COLLEEN said...

Wow, I never thought of tattooing walls -- it looks amazing Barb. Well done. As for the pink colour, I think it is pretty and if you love the colour then that is the most important thing. I know Jayla would be in heaven!

Barb said...

Vickie, If you have an actual Benjamin Moore store near you, they sell this. It is $34.99 for the tattoo which I thought was a bit excessive since it is only a piece of cut vinyl.

Sebrina Wilson said...

I think it great!!! And Gabbi would also be in heaven :)

julochka said...

pink is so cheerful and calming, you'll just love it!!

like the tattoo as well! is it a stencil?

Phyllis Hunt McGowan said...

The pink is not too pink, and is instead a gentle shade, more like faint flowers than anything too strong. Not overpowering at all as some paint can be. I am sure you'll find it matches with plenty of things in your home.
I too think paint is a better idea than wallpaper- if you're any way creative (which you are) I think paint allows more freedom.

Printing

Print Posts