Friday, June 20, 2008

Craft Room Completion Nears the Finish Line

My craft room is slowly coming together.

I have been using one of our patio chairs at my sewing table. It does swivels but it has one level only, which is ..... too low, so I purchased this new chair.

Although I did not purchase it from Pottery Barn, I think it may be from there. It has a very small amount of paint chipped off one leg so during my weekly visit to our local Homesense store, I came across it sitting all by itself and gently enticing me with the words ... "take me home".

How could I refuse this sly request from my new chair. So roll it I did up to the front of the store, where I promptly paid my $149.00 for this chair which sells at Pottery Barn for $379.00.

I just love a good deal!!!!!

Don't you just love it? It rolls around easily, has a hydraulic lift to place me at the height I need to sew properly and has the most beautiful white lacquered finish.

And here is the pièce de résistance. A lovely new computerized sewing machine with lots of stitches and many other features too numerous to mention.

Oooooh, the sewing I'll be able to complete with this magnificent piece of technological advancement.

I see more quilts and lovely new dresses in fabrics I could only dream of working with but never would have run through my last machine.

Maybe I'll even try my hand at a pair of tailored trousers.

Now I just have to decide on the colour of the room. All the furniture is white except for the pine harvest table. Somehow I'm seeing pink, but I am seeing wallpaper. As this room is just for me, I want it to be pretty.

So I guess a trip to our local wallpaper store is in order to see if they have anything that catches my eye. If not, maybe I'll just re-paint a lovely calming shade of pink ... a pink like an old fashioned David Austin rose.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Silent reader here - fellow Ethio-adoptive Mama like Sebrina! Just had to comment and say how gorgeous that chair is! I'm sure it will look wonderful in your craft room! Home Sense is so evil for beautiful things like this!

julochka said...

oh, i want a new sewing machine! i got mine at a flea market almost 10 years ago for about $30!

love the chair! and that it was a bargain!

you have to share pix of the completed craft room when it's ready!

Barb said...

Danielle & Nick, Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Julie, Yes it was a great bargain and oooooo so comfortable even without a cushion.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Hey girl, you're ahead of me with your craft room. I've mentioned mine way back and it's still full of "stuff" that I have to find room for before I get the craft room going.

Love, love, the chair.

Printing

Print Posts