Sunday, June 8, 2008

Back to Piecing

As promised here is the start of my new quilt. I have just laid these started blocks on the floor randomly to take a picture ... they are nowhere near complete.

The log cabin pattern is what I chose. I am not doing it randomly but consistently matching the pieces in each block. There are 5 layers of strips around each 3" square. Each round has four pieces and what I am doing as I go around each square, is to use the same pattern in each position. There are 21 pieces in each block, so that is quite a lot of cutting, sewing and pressing. I haven't worked out how many pieces there will be in total in this quilt ... quite a lot I think.

I purchased 8 patterns, but I think that I actually should have purchased 15 or more, but I am going to continue with these and see how the blocks look. Hopefully it will look a little more planned which will suit me better ... I am a very symmetrical person, things out of place drive me to distraction. Don't think I'm an obsessive compulsive, but I do believe in "a place for everything and everything in it's place". Well, that's a whole other story for another time.

This is a much heavier fabric than on my first quilt ... decor weight, so I hope that it isn't too heavy for this quilt throw or too heavy to quilt. Oh well, I'll get it accomplished somehow, I just love this fabric. It is from the Amy Butler Nigella line.

Back to piecing today, I'll post another picture when I actually get some blocks completely done ....

No comments:

Printing

Print Posts