Friday, June 20, 2008

A Little Project

So, I found this little table at our local Salvation Army shop for $15.00. A little sad, in need of some TLC and not in the greatest shape, but it is a Deilcraft which has historically been known for quality wood furniture.

Not knowing what to do with the darn thing but needing a table beside the sofa, I turned it around and gave it a good rub down with lemon oil, accessorized the top and used it.

All the while, the wheels were spinning trying to decide what to do with this table. As you can see it really was not that nice as is.

It has been about 2 1/2 - 3 years since finding this and I really was quite stuck on what to do with the darn thing, so off to the furniture stores I went looking for a proper table. Not finding much under $500.00, I decided I would give this little table an overhaul.

This picture is how it looked during the process of overhauling.

So here's what I did. I gave it a light sanding and spray painted it with an antique white lacquer. Then I ordered mirror to fit on each of the four sides. As well I ordered a piece of mirror to sit on top but decided to have that piece bevelled to dress it up a little.

All in all I am very pleased with the table and for the princely sum of (remember the original $15.00), $100.00 for mirror and $10.00 for paint, I have a new table for under $150.00.

Not too shabby, considering anything new would cost me well over $500.00 and anything deco with all this mirroring would have been considerably more.

It looks quite glamorous and I placed a glass lamp with a white shade and crystal finial on top as the cherry on my new sundae.

Being a rather girly girl I just love glamorous, girly, pretty things.

So what do you think???

If you explode the pictures, you can see better the details on the table.

6 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

Wow!!!!! Thats looks amazing :) You know I am in need of some end tables ;-)

COLLEEN said...

What an amazing job on the table; what a transformation!

julochka said...

i love home improvement projects. :-) thank you for sharing!

Barb said...

I need some opinions now on whether I should sand back the edges to expose the wood, to give it a bit of an aged appearance.

I can't decide - any ides out there.

Phyllis Hunt McGowan said...

That table looks incredible. You've done a super job on it.
I think you've made it look very modern and it's good like that. With the mirrors installed perhaps it's best left to look like a new, flashy piece of designer furniture rather than something older? I think so.
You truly couldn't buy something like this for the money you renovated it for. Well done.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

As everyone has commented before me, I love your new transformed little table. You have great project ideas.

Printing

Print Posts