Monday, May 19, 2008

Into The Continuim

Where oh where is my crane????

There is something mysterious going on around my home.

After we moved in nearly four years ago, we moved a great deal of boxes down into the partially finished basement to deal with later.

One of the boxes held all of my husbands' car accessories including a lightweight hydraulic car jack. A few months later when he needed the jack to put the snows on the car, he could not find the piece of metal used to pump up the jack. It is just a little larger than a crowbar, so we both figured it had been misplaced and would turn up when we finally got everything unpacked and tidied up.

Well, here we are 4 years later and still no jack pumpy thing - (I don't know what it's called).

Now for the next even bigger mystery.

Last year, Costco offered lovely garden cranes about 4 feet tall for just $79.99. (Similar to the ones shown above) I have always wanted a crane for my garden but couldn't justify spending the well over $300.00 garden centres wanted for them. So when I saw this at Costco, I jumped at the opportunity and bought it.

I remember last year, when I found the perfect spot to place my crane, I was quite worried that someone would steal him, but no he stood proudly in my garden until the fall, when Don brought him in for storage. As he was carrying him through the kitchen, I remember asking him, did he get the pegs that held him in the ground. He replied he didn't see any pegs, so the answer was no. I went out and searched through the garden and also across the grass where he would have walked carrying the crane to no avail. No pegs.

This didn't present a large problem as I still have the parts book and could order new pegs or come up with something else when he came back to take his place in my garden.

So last week I go downstairs to get my beautiful crane, but alas to my dismay I couldn't find him. I searched and searched but did not see him.

When I mentioned this to Don, he said he thought he had put him back in the original box he came in, so yesterday I pulled the box out it's storage area, opened it. I'm sure you know what I found before I tell you ... no crane.

He is certainly bigger than a screwdriver so where on earth could he be????

As he is brown, I thought maybe I was looking right past him, so Don went down this morning to look for him.

Still no crane.

It would seem that the jack pumpy piece and my crane have disappeared into the continuum, or we have someone who comes into our house and takes things now and again. But then my question, what would anyone want with one piece off a jack and my crane.

Could we have a ghost that is playing games with us?

Did someone find our spare key and help themselves to my crane and the car jack pump?

Just exactly where did my crane go?

Should I report my crane-napping???

This little mystery could provide the fodder for a good Nancy Drew mystery.

Don is quite perturbed about where the piece from his jack went, but I loved my crane and waited such a long time to get one. Everytime I look at his place in my garden now, I will wish I had at least taken a picture of him in the garden to remember him by.

This is very frustrating and I just don't understand where on earth these articles could have gone.

Maybe I should I just let it go and move on ...............



3 comments:

COLLEEN said...

Maybe it is the house fairies playing tricks on you both; they like to have a good laugh sometimes at our expense.

If someone did take these things then as Eckhart Tolle would say "obviously they needed them more than you did; so just let them go". They are just things in this world of form and ultimately not important in the larger scheme of things.

Having said that, I know that we have things that we love and so what is that saying "if you love something let it go". I know, easier said than done right. Although, usually as soon as you do emotionally let go then it will show up again...

those darn fairies!

:-)

Phyllis Hunt McGowan said...

Very, very strange. People who steal wouldn't have inclination to steal those- lovely as the crane is- and people don't keep jokes running for long.
I'm baffled.
I've love to tell you to let it go, but when this happens to me, and it has, I say that it isn't logical and doesn't make any sense at all. My question would be HOW is it gone? I would never let it rest.
I hope you solve it. Keep us posted!

Sebrina Wilson said...

Those fairies have been to my house too. Sometimes they hide things for quite a while and then put them back in the strangest of places for me to find. Currently they have taken my disappearing ink pen ;-)

Printing

Print Posts