Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day Three - Random Pictures "All Things Blue"

BLUE

Ahhhhh ........ shades of blue wash calm feelings over me akin to waves in the ocean, connecting me somehow to Mother Earth.

Even speaking the word "blue" feels good, my breath slows, then slips between my lips as the word escapes, whispering its' soft sound - blue ........

Gazing into the blue sky takes me far away in my thoughts.

I look forward every night to getting into bed in my blue bedroom, wrapping myself in a blue cocoon with many different, soft shades of blue on the walls, the quilt, the bedding and a beautiful wool rug on the floor passed down to me from my grandmother.

Sitting here at this moment in my Aegean blue office is so peaceful as I watch the sun dance across the floor and up the walls.


The pond on a particularly peaceful day spent at my sister Gina's home in Blackstock, Ontario, where she and her husband lived before she passed away.


This beautiful watercolour was painted by my dear friend Edna who I lost 4 years ago to A.M.L.

Thank you Edna for this lively piece of you that I treasure.


A cute little teapot tassel I found in Bombay Company.


Lovely little blue perfume bottles that belonged to my sister Gina.


Beautiful deep water blue vase I found at Homesense yesterday for only $9.99. What a bargain ... I just couldn't resist.

Pretty blue sea salts, not for bathing, just for "pretty".


Blue beach glass, blue batik work on African bone, blue puca shell necklaces.


Some of my blue inspired clothing.


My daughter Sebrina, her husband and their boys enjoying the lovely "blue" water in the man-made lake (2 acres) at Petticoat Creek in Pickering, Ontario.

A blue cushion in my bedroom.

Have you guessed yet?

My favourite colour is blue!


3 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

I love blue too!

COLLEEN said...

Hey, I am falling behind on your posts -- how did that happen. I blink my eyes for a minute and you do 3 new posts. Loving the blue. It makes me feel summery.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

My favorite color = any shade of blue. Barb - you have beautiful souvenirs of your sister.

Printing

Print Posts