Wednesday, May 21, 2008

And The Winner Is .........

Okay, I admit it I'm a "Dancing With The Starsaholic".

You might say I dance vicariously through these stars.

How I love to watch beautiful dancing.

Now singing, that's another story. Years ago I took singing lessons ... my teacher said I have perfect pitch, but when it comes to dancing ... two left feet.

This season of Dancing has been spectacular ... from the first show the entertainment value was high and the dancing was extraordinary.

70% of the stars chosen for this season were very good, but the star who took the trophy - Kristi Yamaguchi with her partner Mark Ballas were close to technically perfect from the get go.

Kristi, who holds Olympic gold in figure skating, had the advantage from the beginning. She has been the only competitor to garner three 9's from the judges on her very first dance performance.

Last night it came down to Jason Taylor, professional football player for the Miami Dolphins, Cristian de la Fuente, daytime soap star and Kristi.

Jason and Cristian pulled out all the stops, using their elegance, power, displays of their beautiful upper bodies and oozing charisma. But the stars were aligned for Kristi as Cristian was eliminated early. Then it was down to Jason and Kristi.

Jason and his partner Edyta Sliwinska danced a quick step which showed how much Jason has improved through the competition, but it wasn't enough for the trophy. Although Jason was and is the "people's champion", he could not compare to Kristi's technically perfect dances.

And how great after six seasons of a male dominated winners circle on Dancing, another woman wins.

Go girl!!!!!!!

3 comments:

COLLEEN said...

I ended up watching the finale last night (I didn't watch any of the other shows) and it certainly was entertaining. I love watching dancing too and it makes me want to take up ballroom dancing. I did take it years ago. I wonder if Jean would be game?!
:-)

Barb said...

I would love to take ballroom dancing too, but as I said in my post, I have two left feet plus a husband who definately not do it

Phyllis Hunt McGowan said...

I'd love to start learning to dance with Spouse- but I'm scared of making a fool of myself. He's more excited and confident about it. We have off and on looked for classes but it's never the right time.
I've not watched this show but in Ireland last year I watched something similar and I admit the dancing looks spectacular.
You did a good job reviewing it! Maybe you'll inspire some less-confident people to take up the hobby.

Printing

Print Posts