Sunday, November 23, 2008

What's Your Comfort?

Following up to my post on Grateful Friday - I'd like to expand a little on comfort.

The definition of comfort/comfortable - "Affording or enjoying contentment and security; free from stress or tension; providing comfort or ease; in a state of comfort; at ease in body or mind; contented; informal sufficient to satisfy; adequate".

What are the objects, thoughts, feelings that make you comfortable?

Here are a few of mine.

A delicious, deep, hot, bath full of salts, bubbles, essential oils, etc .........

And then the soft stack of fluffy white large bath towels ....... to wrap up in after my bath.


A delicious cup of coffee ... the first one in the morning, after grinding the beans, catching the scent of freshly brewed, frothing a little cream to float on top and then ......... that first sip .....


A good book to along with the the coffee .... the two just seem to go hand in hand ......

A down filled ..... soft-as-a-cloud cushion on a Bergere Chair .......


My home ...... a sense of peace washes over me as I come up the pathway to my front door .... thinking of all the pleasures within that await me ........

Simply luxurious French skin products ........

Friends and family .......

And at last, my comfort would not be complete without my grandbabies. Not an hour goes by in my day that one of them doesn't slip into my thoughts. Their sweetness & innocence, their uncomplicated love for me, their sense of fun & their beauty.

So, go on now ... go get comfortable ..........

4 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

Your post made me want to take bubble bath.. so I did, then I ate some chocolate chip cookies.

Mamato2 said...

I laughed out loud at the thinking about the pleasures within your home line- um, do you mean DON? :)

Chris said...

My comfort is my home. But not right now!! We have flooring ripped up and it's a HUGE mess. Hope it comes together before Christmas! But I feel so comfortable just reading your blog and imagining the comforts you speak of. Thanks Barb!

Barb said...

L, Remember, my MOTHER lives with us. Need I say more!!!! Barb

Printing

Print Posts