Friday, November 28, 2008

These Boots Were NOT Made for Walking

How gorgeous are these boots?

I really need a pair of dress boots as I only have a pair of (look-alike) Uggs.

So off I go this morning to brave the Christmas crowds at the mall armed only with a $25.00 gift certificate and my trusty credit card.

I found these gorgeous, sexy boots with a 1 1/2" heel. Due to very painful feet, fused toes, osteophytes, plantar faciiitis, etc, etc, etc, I can only wear fairly flat & comfortable shoes.

But when I tried these on in the shoe store and found out that they were on sale for $69.99, marked down from $99.99, my heart started beating wildly. I walked around and thought to myself - these are quite comfortable.

So I whip out my card, hand in my gift certificate, the sales person wrapped them up and off I came home with the intention of walking around at home in them (just to be sure).

Boy did I feel sexy strutting around in these very stylish and sexy boots.

But my to my chagrin and utter dismay after less than 10 minutes, the fused toe especially on my left foot started to cause me great discomfort to the point where I could only limp around in these beauties. By the time I sat down to peel them off, the discomfort had graduated to stabbing pain in the big joint of my toe.

So unfortunately they are back in the box to be returned.

But I just had to post how absolutely gorgeous they were before they go back.

Well, all in all it really was fun to dream even if only for just a few moments that I could actually wear something on my feet that look chic and sexy.

C'est la vie .........

5 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

Awww that's too bad :( They are very nice!!!

Mamato2 said...

Aw, too bad. But, I know your pain. I RUINED my feet in Ethiopia (thinking I would only be there 3 weeks, I had only flip flops with me) carrying Mal every waking moment and walking as much as 5 km a day, so that NO shoes feel just right. Boots? Not for me anymore. Sigh. And those were hot, Mammy!

julochka said...

at least you got a picture!! but shoes that hurt your feet are miserable and not worth it, even if they're gorgeous. :-)

Vickie LeBlanc said...

I love those boots. I'm looking for a pair exactly like those (honest).

Barb said...

Vickie, the boots are from Naturalizer. Barb

Printing

Print Posts