Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Girl Power

Okay, here's the problem .... my craft room is ready for carpet and the carpet layer will probably be here this week to take the exact measurements and also to have me choose the colour I want.

However, as you can see in the picture below, I have this big, ugly drain in the middle of the back wall.
What should I do with this thing?
What can I do to make this thing not quite so noticeable?
A box (which was Don's idea) just sitting over it, would in my opinion make it even more noticeable, so............

If you will scroll down you will see the solution I came up with.

Here is a box that I built to cover the ugly drain but also to provide a little extra storage. I won't finish the inside perfectly but will likely just get large baskets to fit inside to hold extras.

Now bear in mind, this is not complete. I have only assembled the base using up a whole lot of tongue in groove cedar that was taking up space in the basement .... primed it and now the carpet layer can install the carpet. I will still have to put a lip on the top edge and install a lid, but all in good time.

Right now the focus is to continue getting the box completely painted, so I don't accidentally drip any paint on the new carpet when it is installed.

Right now, I'm feeling quite proud of my accomplishment today.

This was a fun project .... I got to use power tools ........

GO GIRL POWER!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Wow! I'm impressed! Great work Barb!

Unknown said...

Very good idea!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Is there anything you can't do ? :-))

julochka said...

ya gotta love power tools and using up building materials that were lying around! that and it's useful too! :-) go girl power!!

COLLEEN said...

You go girl!!

Printing

Print Posts