Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We Are Not Alone!

Something strange is happening around my house ....

For those of you who have followed my blog - remember the disappearing crane this past summer?

Why was he nowhere to be found when I was bringing out the summer furniture and garden ornaments?

Why did he reappear after searching for him in the very room I found him in for weeks?

A couple of weeks ago I started putting out some Christmas decorations, two of which were the two Santas (on the right below).

Last Thursday, I went in my dining room (which incidentally is not that horrible Walmart blue anymore - unaccounted for lapse in judgement when choosing paint colour) and the little Santa in the middle was turned towards the window in the dining room - almost a 90 degree turn from the position he is normally in.

So I turned him round back the way he is shown in the picture above. Then on Saturday Don & I went out for the day .... when we got home, Mom mentioned that she had gone in the dining room and wondered why I had the Santa facing the window. So I took myself downstairs and there was Santa - facing the window again.

Then this morning at around 6:50am I was sitting quietly in my living room having my morning coffee reading "The Secret Life of Bees" (again) and I heard a clatter. Wondering if something had toppled over, I got up and went to the kitchen and family room to check what may have caused the noise. On finding nothing out of place, I went back to the living room, passing by the dining room on my way. I looked in and what did I see again - Santa facing the window.

Okay now, my logical mind on the first turn thought .... maybe vibrations in the house turned him, but three times now - come on. I'm beginning to think someone else is here that is messing with us.

When we first moved into this home, we experienced a terrible flood 12 days after taking possession. I was at a dear friends funeral (gone about 6 hours). Upon arriving back home, as I walked past the dining room I caught a flash of light out of the corner of my eye. I turned to see what it was and saw a waterfall running off my chandelier onto the dining room table.

In the bathroom directly above the dining room, I had mounted a 4' glass shelf onto two wrought iron brackets under my bathroom window. On this shelf I had my collection of Murano glass.

Now, here is my question.

What would have caused this 4' glass shelf supported by two 6" deep wrought iron brackets and which I had levelled before mounting, slide one way or the other so that it slipped off the shelf, came crashing down hitting my toilet tank, breaking it and causing the flood?

Two nights ago my mother was woken up by a crash in her room (we never heard it). In the morning she discovered that one of two blown glass Christmas trees she has on her dresser (similar to the one at right)was laying on its' side and as well a 17" Galileo thermometer was knocked over.

Again, what would cause this strange accident at 3:00am???

Things seem to disappear around here regularly.

Seventeen years ago, my father gave my mother a ruby and diamond pendant. It held a special memory for her because it was a gift from her husband. She kept it in a very specific spot and I remember seeing it after she moved in. Well, guess what - it has disappeared and is nowhere to be found.

Then this morning she came down and said she cannot find a handmade satin handkerchief holder that was made for her when she was a young girl. I remember her showing it to me one day when she and I were sitting with my dad prior to his death.

Where have these two items gone? I keep feeling, that like the crane the pendant is going to show up.

These odd little things have happened to me for many, many years but I have never really thought much about it. Again my logical mind can usually come up with reasonable explanations.

I don't necessarily believes that spirits hover around us, however these strange little episodes, the crashing glass shelf, my disappearing crane, the turning Santa, the crashing Christmas tree, the pendant and now the handkerchief folder has me wondering what the heck is going on!

My logical mind cannot come up with an explanation for why that darn little Santa keeps turning towards the window.

Someone has suggested "house fairies".

Maybe, just maybe I should consider investigating whether someone other than Don, me, my mother and Chelsea is residing here.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I just read a really interesting book called 'Ghosts Among us' by James van Praagh. I heard about it on the Oprah XM channel and it's quite interesting! Believe it or not!!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

OMG, what an interesting story. I want to know more...

julochka said...

oh, that's SO exciting! i totally got goosebumps! i just love the idea of ghosts, tho' it sounds like this one is a bit of a prankster! i hope the necklace shows up!! keep us posted for sure!!!

xox,
/julie

Printing

Print Posts