Friday, November 28, 2008

Grateful Friday

Over the past few weeks I have been taking great pleasure in reading more than usual.

East of Eden by John Steinbeck

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life, The Wisdom of the Tao by Wayne Dyer

A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens

One Soldiers Story - A Memoir by Robert Dole


Recently while chatting with my daughter she told me of a secret dream. She would like to have her very own Chapters/Indigo Bookstore along with a Starbucks Coffee Shop and someone to serve her coffee and a book whenever she asked for it.

Don't you just love her dream? I loved it so much I just had to go to Chapters to browse the other day and sit in Starbucks and have a coffee.

My father instilled in me a deep respect and love for literature and as my children grew, we always had books to read and love.

I know I succeeded as there is never a shortage of books in Sebrina's home, and whenever I visit Miss Gabriella always finds a book to bring to me so that we can share a story or five.

I love the feel of leather on an old beautifully bound volume .....

I love the smell of the glue that binds the book together .....

I love the ever so delicate pages that await me as I slowly open a new book .....

Today I offer my gratitude for literature, for the many beautiful book stores & libraries that house these magnificent works of art and for a country that allows freedom of speech and freedom to both writer and reader to pursue their individual literary styles.

Now, go grab yourself a great book, put your feet up, make a cup of tea and then ............

Have great weekend!

2 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

Yes once I win the lottery I will have my Chapters/Starbucks built :)

Chris said...

Oooh! I definitely share that love with you Barb. Nothing quite like a good book! Enjoy your weekend!

Printing

Print Posts