Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Moving Day

It has finally arrived and I have spent all day moving my crafting supplies into my new craft room.

My "please-go-barefoot", soft, squishy, warm, brighten up the room carpet was installed today in my craft room.

I chose a Berber from Shaw Carpet who run a program to recycle post-consumer nylon into new carpet. This in turn keeps up to 300 million pounds of carpet from landfills each year. As well, I upgraded the underpad which has an R15 insulation value so I won't get cold tootsies should I decide to go barfoot.

All that's left now is to hang the double french doors and install and paint the baseboard.

All my craft books and decorating magazines are stacked up on my sewing table waiting for my shelving unit.
Here's a few boxes and baskets of craft supplies stacked up again waiting patiently for the shelving unit.

Hopefully Don can help me get it down tonight ... then maybe Friday a little crafting!!!!!!!!
And just in case you were wondering ..... here is the completed storage chest (remember I built this to cover a drain in the floor) complete with it's upholstered top.

I brought Mollie and Sarah (you can just see them in the back corner on top of the chest) downstairs just because ..... this is MY room, no boys, husbands or mothers allowed.

However, I guess I'll have to let Don in tonight to help me with the shelving unit, and then again to finish the ceiling and again to hang the doors.

Maybe I'd better take him off the "off limits" list, but once that "honeydew" list is complete ............

BTW, I softened the quality of these pictures, because that is how this room makes me feel.

Mellow, soft, squishy, relaxed and where I can escape ...... well - everything in my own little world.

The excitement is building ....... I can hardly stand the wait to start quilting again.

4 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

When is the crafting party?? :-)

Vickie LeBlanc said...

You have every reason to be excited about that new little getaway. As I say on my blog header - Every woman needs a secret place to escape to...

COLLEEN said...

Hey count me in on the crafting party -- I didn't see "no girls allowed" on the list...hee hee

Mamato2 said...

Wow, Barb- GORGEOUS!!

Printing

Print Posts