Friday, December 19, 2008

Grateful Friday

My gratitude today is for my Senses

Thank you for my hearing - without which I could not hear the wind in the trees .... my granddaughter calling for me "mimi, mimi" .... my grandsons telling me they love me .... conversing over a coffee with my daughter .... hearing a beautiful piece of music .... silence .... the purr of a kitty .... the birds at my feeder.









Thank you for my eyes - without which I could not see the colors of a rainbow .... the beautiful faces of my grand babies .... be witness to the grandeur of an autumn forest .... view a beautiful gastronomic delight .... study a piece of art .... look deep into the eyes of my beloved.


Thank for my touch - without which I could not feel the skin of my grand babies .... feel the crinkle of leaf as it drops from the tree .... feel the exquisite softness of my beautiful new faux fur throw .... feel the sharp prick of needle .... the softness of freshly grown spring grasses between my fingers and toes .... enjoy the tactile pleasures of beautiful yarns and fabrics.


Thank you for my taste - without which I would not be able to enjoy a delicious Christmas meal .... enjoy the tang of a lemon .... the crunch of a fresh apple .... a refreshing long drink of water .... the hard work but delicious reward of an almond .... the first sip of freshly brewed coffee .... letting a mouthful of peppermint stick ice cream melt on my tongue .... taste after dessert kisses from my grand daughter .... anticipate the salty crunch of sea salt .... the explosion of spices in Indian food .... the sinus burn from Wasabi .... licking off my fingers after consuming a creamy piece of chocolate.

(Thanks to my daughter for a couple of her beautiful pictures)

No comments:

Printing

Print Posts