Friday, December 12, 2008

Grateful Friday


Today I give thanks for my hands.

Without them I could not type this post.

Without them I could not knit, crochet, quilt, scrapbook, paint, garden, bake, play cards, turn the pages in the books I read, feel the skin on my grand babies, hold my husbands hand, turn on a light to chase away the darkness, enjoy the smoothness of wood after I sand it smooth, blow dry my hair, put on my makeup, give myself a manicure, turn a screwdriver, feel the tactile pleasures in different fabrics & yarns and blow a kiss

Without them ...... I COULD NOT TALK.

6 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

Someone's been checking out my photostream I see :)

That picture is one of the first I took with my camera.

Barb said...

I remember when you took those pictures, so rather than trying to take one myself, thought I'd borrow them.

julochka said...

you're so right! awesome post!! and a wonderful reminder to be grateful for such things that we totally take for granted!!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

That's what people always say about me "if you want her to stop talking, have her sit on her hands". I talk A LOT with my hands. So thanks for reminding me to be grateful for my hands as well.

Barb said...

Vickie, Love your comment ... myy dad used to tell me if he tied my hands behind my back, I'd be tongue tied.

Mamato2 said...

I am so like this about my hands- not for crafty stuff, but for ecpression, explantion, clarification. Portuguese use their hands a lot anyway, but I think mine came from many generations all rolled into ME! LOL

Printing

Print Posts