Friday, December 19, 2008

I Wish This Could Last Forever

Yesterday I had a lovely surprise when I was shopping.

As I was loading my groceries into my cart, I heard someone say .... "Don't scan that twice Jayden."

Thinking to myself, "what an unusual name unless you are my grandson or Will Smith's son", I thought to turn around to see who this child was named Jayden.

As I turned around I saw three little boys, scanning and packing groceries. It took a minute to realize that those three little boys were my little grand babies.

As soon as I said something they all came running over, nearly knocking me down with hugs and kisses.

Then I heard before I saw Miss Gabriella trapped in the shopping cart, arms spread wide calling "Mimi, Mimi".

Ryan, my oldest wanted me to come back to their house of course. I told him I was quite busy, but he insisted that I come for "just a cup of tea". Then he asked if he could come in my car with me. He's a big boy, you know and doesn't need a car seat any more. So I said of course he could come with me.

Then Zander wanted to come as well. My daughter tried the standard bribe, "Zander if you come with me, you can have a piece of chocolate". Zander stood for a moment, contemplating this and then ran over to me and said. "I want to go with Mammy."

Is there anyone more fortunate in life than I am? I am more important to my grand babies than chocolate.

What more could I ask for????

4 comments:

Iris said...

"I am more important to my grand babies than chocolate."

That line right there is priceless. You should print that on a nice card and put it up somewhere where you can see it daily. I love little sayings that can brighten my day. Right now I have on my dry-erase board "Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry", complete with a cartoon drawing of a bird with fry. It makes me smile.

Mamato2 said...

Aaaaww, so sweet! Jayden, however, is a very popular name with many people here- I know 2 boys and 2 girls and know of others :)

Sebrina Wilson said...

We hear Jayden's name all the time. He even had another Jayden in his class when he was in school. When he was born (7 years ago) is when the name became more popular. I'm just happy that I named him Jayden before Britney Spears named her son :)

Gabbi was not happy when she had to come home with boring old mommy. And I forgot to tell you that she cried when she woke up from her nap and you were gone.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

You are the best-est mammy in the whole world and you know that :-) Enjoy those 4 grand babes... they grow up so fast. And then you can have chocolate.

Printing

Print Posts