Friday, September 12, 2008

Yummy New Yarn

Finally I have some time to knit again.

The cooler weather inspires me to pick up my needles.

This project is a cardigan made of bamboo yarn by Berroco. It feels just delicious I decided to make it in these two colours. One side in the gold, the other in the beige and then reverse the sleeves. I am going to keep the beige as the main colour so the back and bands will be beige with just one arm and one side in the gold.

Hopefully it will look as nice done as it does right now in my mind. This cardigan below is the one I have chosen and below are the two yarns shown knit up. It knits up very fast, I have only been working on this since Tuesday.

Next project ... something with that yummy Noro wool. It is so gorgeous I can barely stand it. See it here on a friends blog knit into a toque.


5 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

That yarn looks sooooooo silky soft. And I love the color combination.

Noro - I love it !

COLLEEN said...

I love the pattern and yes, that yarn looks soooooooo soft.

julochka said...

looks fantastic! i so need to learn to knit!!!

Sebrina Wilson said...

I have been feeling like knitting too. I think it's the cooler weather! My goal this winter is to knit a blanket (and finish it :)

Phyllis Hunt McGowan said...

One thing I love about cooler weather, is that it gives you an excuse to catch up on indoor artistic things that the warm summer days make you feel guilty about, that you should be out and about enjoying the sun. I like being cosy, and working on projects- I knit, but only for the meditative aspect of it, my knitted material just stretches into infinity but I get soothed by knitting miles of nothing.

Printing

Print Posts