Monday, September 22, 2008

I Thought the Renovations Were Done!!!!!!!!!

Yehaw .... my very sweet husband has taken two weeks vacation and guess what he's doing for his vacation.

Building my craft room. Here is the progress so far.

Door opening built ......

Framing going up ............

Electrical is run, 3 outlets and overhead lighting.

Insulation to keep me warm in the winter ......


All electrified, insulated and ready for vapour barrier and then drywall tomorrow.

The door opening you see directly in front is 50" wide and will accommodate two 24" french doors.

I'm starting to get excited, but it will still be a while. After the drywall, there is the ceiling to be hung, bulkheads to be boxed in, cement floors to be sealed, some sub floor just outside the room to be removed, the stairs to have risers installed, ceiling hung in the exercise room and then all the drywall has to be taped and plastered, sanded and painted.

Then, I can get the carpeting installed and finally, finally, finally, I will have a new craft room. It will be upon completion 12 x 12 ... quite substantial for little ole' me.

2 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

Woohoo! Now I know where I will be coming to do my crafting :)

COLLEEN said...

Oh, how exciting!

Printing

Print Posts