Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oooooouch!!!!!!

Yup, you guessed it .... I started my long awaited Yoga class this morning.

Although I didn't quite manage this move shown below, I feel tonight like I actually did.


There is not one part of my body that isn't hurting, crying, overstretched, aching .....need I go on.

However, I digress, it was an amazing class and yes I will continue, it will be worth it in the long run, I know. I asked the instructor if I should practice the 4 stretches I learned today each day, but when she saw that I could not stand up straight after the class ... pretzel syndrome set in quickly ..... she said I should just practice my breathing until next Wednesday.

Tomorrow is another day, maybe I'll feel better and could do a very little bit of stretching to keep the muscles remembering what is required of them.

When I grow up I would like to be my instructor, a beautiful body with lovely defined muscles, a peaceful demeanor with a soothing voice and manner. What a lovely woman, she made the class .... although painful .... an absolute joy to attend.

5 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

I am so proud of you.

Sebrina Wilson said...

I LOVE yoga. You will love it too!!! It does hurt at first though :)

Chris said...

Ouch is right!! Good for you though; yoga is good for the body and the soul! Alain was down here with me when I pulled up your blog and he saw the yoga picture and asked 'Is that Mammy?'!! I told him it was you 20 years ago!!

Barb said...

Chris, Won't Alain get a BIG shock when he finally meets me!!!! B

Chris said...

Who knows Barb? Maybe by then you will be able to do that move!!

Printing

Print Posts