Friday, September 19, 2008

Cosmo

Last Thursday, my daughter excitedly called me to say they had taken this sweet little kitty from a shelter to add to their family.


Although I didn't meet Cosmo she kept telling me how sweet he was, playful, loved to be stroked and seemed to get along just fine with their other animals.

A few days after they brought Cosmo home, he started acting strange, very lethargic, did not want to eat and seemed to be in pain. She called the shelter describing the symptoms and they told her it sounded like a bad reaction to a vaccination he had recently been given. These symptoms would last for 8-10 days and to give him a little baby Motrin. She did this and he seemed to pick up.

Then today, I called Seb only to be greeted by tears and the news that dear little Cosmo died this morning.

The veterinarian did not know what he had died from ... most likely a virus.

The boys especially Ryan and Jayden were quite upset over this loss, but it would appear my daughter most of all. It just breaks my heart to hear the pain in her voice and then to know exactly what she is feeling.

It is so hard to lose a pet ... they are such a part of our family. Feeling the responsibility for that animal as well makes it hard when we can't save them.

Well, thankfully little Cosmo was with his new family and not alone in a shelter. He was loved.


A spirited and joy filled life leaves no regrets

4 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, how sad. I can SO identify with Seb's feelings right now. Give her a big hug for me.

Sebrina Wilson said...

Thanks!!! We are pretty upset about poor Cosmo :( It's amazing how fast you can become attached to a pet.

Chris said...

It sure doesn't take long to love them. I still remember the day we got Midas; I would have jumped in front of a bus to save him if I had to! Cosmo had a loving family to care for him when he needed it, bless you for doing that.

Sebrina Wilson said...

Thanks Chris!!!

Printing

Print Posts