Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Something Old .... Something New

As promised here is the Bergere chair recovered. It turned out beautifully. The upholsterer talked me into using a rope trim rather than double welt, so the second picture shows a closeup ... it matches perfectly with the Robert Allen jacquard fabric I used to recover the chair. The separate cushion is a foam centre with 4 ozs of down on either side.

If you enlarge this picture, you can see the pattern of the fabric. I'm a traditional girl at heart, but decided to use a rather funky pattern on this chair. I love the traditional chair but with a this fabric it gives an eclectic feel .... hmmm maybe I need to change up some art and add in something modern just for the surprise quotient.

Mmmmmmmmm deliciously soft for sitting.

And then something new for the man of the house. Don has agonized for nearly 4 years about getting a flat screen TV. Our old CRT was nearly 16 years old, still working quite well, but ......... he just wanted the newer technology.

So after much research, much running from hifi store to hifi store to look at different sets, he finally decided on this Panasonic Viera 1080p Plasma TV. I think my mother moving in and buying herself a flat screen Sony Bravia LCD TV spurred him into action.

Yesterday Bell installed the new switch on our satellite so last night we enjoyed television in high definition.

We had originally wanted the 42" and I actually had the cabinet custom made to fit a 42" but the hifi store we purchased from was unable to acquire the 42" so we went with the 46". Although a little bigger than what we wanted, it fits just fine and oddly enough doesn't even look as large as our old 29" CRT. Must be the incredible thinness of the set.

Originally I had not really thought that this was such a great investment, but after watching high definition last night, I'm a believer!!!!!!!! The picture, colours & three dimensional effect is outstanding.

And here, finally is the newly completed washroom for my mother. She choose the wallpaper which really does look like her. I had the paint matched to the background of the paper.

As it is her washroom, there had to be some give and take on the decor. She brought her mirror which she loves and also has her own pictures. As for the fixtures I choose everything, but she is quite happy with the outcome.

Again here in the washroom I juxtaposed a traditional vanity in dark ebonized wood and black granite top with the modern lines of the the white & gray shower and I love the look.

And, I just love the shower. A little extra work to keep the glass clean (squeegee after every shower), but it will be worth it as long as it continues to sparkle like it is now.

Now that everything is done, Don can take his time with working on the basement and my new craft room. Hopefully it won't take tooooooooo long, it's a little too cosy trying to work together in the office.

1 comment:

COLLEEN said...

Yes, that craft room should be top of the list! he he
I can't wait to see the finished product.
What a lovely home you have created Barb.

Printing

Print Posts