Friday, September 26, 2008

Favourite Things #5

It's been hard in only five days to synopsize what my favourite things are.

So I've tried to hit on the things that really make me smile, my grandbabies, coffee, autumn, sushi.

Today on my last favourites day, I am choosing friends.
My friends are so special to me. They have supported me through illness, grief, divorce, marriage, loss of jobs, new jobs and many other situations to numerous to mention.

I have made new friends through this wonderful word of blogging whom I have not even met yet, but already it feels right to call them friends.

Emily Dickinson said "My friends are my estate". Have truer words ever been spoken. A friend is more valuable than gold. What good is money if you have no friends.

Friends accept as as we are .... they love us despite our faults ..... they can be honest with us ... they are always there when we need them.

Friendship has become just within the past few months something very precious to me. Watching my mother try to cope with her grief after losing my dad and not have one single friend to help her through has made me realize that the friendships I have must be nurtured and cherished.

So dear friends, MA.G., L.G., R&H.W., W&L.S., S.W., R.G., A&D.K., F.C., C.L., V.L., C.B., here's to all of you ... may our friendships always be.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Amen to that Barb! I'm honored to be your friend!

COLLEEN said...

Cheers to that Barb!

Sebrina Wilson said...

I agree...

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Right back at ya my friend. Although we've never met in person seems I've known you all my life.

Printing

Print Posts