Thursday, September 25, 2008

Favourite #4


Coffee .... I love coffee .... the aroma ..... listening to the sound of the beans being ground .... the perfect combination of water (reverse osmosis only) and freshly ground coffee ..... the interminable wait for the coffee machine to drip the last drip and let me know it's ready .... the preparation of my very special coffee cup by warming it with hot water, then drying and pouring table cream to the count of 3 .... heating the cream and frothing it.

Then and only then, slowly pouring in the liquid black gold .... lifting the cup to my lips and taking that very first inhalation and taste of my morning coffee.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm .................

2 comments:

COLLEEN said...

Holy crap, what a description Barb. You make me want to have a cup of coffee right now! hee hee

I LOVE the smell of coffee, but I still do not like the taste of it.

Funny how I totally went off of it once I was pregnant with Kiera - 19 years ago. But I certainly did my share of drinking it before that!

Sebrina Wilson said...

I always go off coffee when I am pregnant. It makes me sick! But once that baby is born I am always back to it. Yum!

Printing

Print Posts