Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Where Did The Summer Go????

Well, here we are ... it's nearly Labour Day!!

Did we even have a summer this year???

I am starting to experience a little (okay I'll admit it) a lot of frustration with contractors, renovation dust (about 2 tons of it), semi finished projects ... have to finish the wallpaper in the powder room, have to finish the wallpaper in the master bathroom, still waiting on the glass doors for the shower, reorganizing two closets and install closet systems to help with the organization, get the last cabinet for the kitchen, but I've been informed that Home Depot doesn't sell cabinets in this line anymore, so I call the manufacturer. They won't sell to a consumer because they have a contract with Home Depot who ..... oh yeah are not selling for them anymore.

Has anyone told the manufacturer about this change in status?????

So today I drive to the stockyard Home Depot - this is the site that takes everything from all the Home Depots in Toronto and surrounding area to sell off. It took me 45 minutes to drive there to place the special order for this &*% cabinet and then poof the computer system goes down, so I can't place the order. Oh well, it's only time and gas ... what the heck else do I have to do???

Then off we go to Homesense because mom has decided that something she bought is not suitable so we'll return it and look for something else. But, wait she doesn't have her receipt because the cashier forgot to give it to us yesterday. So they search the system for the receipt. After 30 minutes they finally find it, but can't figure out how to return the item, so we wait another 15 minutes while one manager and two cashiers try to figure this out.

They are starting to call me by my first name there we have been in so much over the past few weeks with purchases that are returned, then more purchases that are returned again.

Now it's 1:30 and I'm feeling too pooped to start wallpapering.

I'm looking down the hall and there is still a little haze on the tiling which needs to be scrubbed off and then the entire 250 square feet of glossy porcelain tiles need to be sealed. There is about 26 feet of baseboard to yet be installed. And I have to paint all the trim, which incidentally I have been putting off for 4 years.

The old commercial "Calgon ,Take Me Away" comes to mind right now.

I need a break or a vacation or something to take my mind off all the activity and unfinished projects that must be completed around here.

Well, tomorrow's another day, to start chipping away at the list that never seems to come to an end.

Ciao for now!

2 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Well, excuse me Barb but I have to laugh at this post. And I mean I have a grin from ear to ear. It's the way you describe it that makes me laugh, not that you are in a heep of cow manure... head first :-) I wish I lived closer, I would be there in an instant helping you out. Not that I'm any good at cleaning but I could take your mom at Homesense for the returns.

"Let the good times roll" at the end of the day - it's only stuff (in your case, it's only dust).

Take it easy Barb and if you decide on that vacation... head East, I'll be waiting.

COLLEEN said...

Oh you poor thing. I totally feel for you. I have been there and done that. It will come to an end eventually is all that I can say.
Get some of that calgon and soak away the stress!

Printing

Print Posts