Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just Breathe


Life has been unorganized, stressful, without structure and just plain difficult the past few weeks. My emotional health has taken a beating and my body has been running on pure adrenaline. I must soon consciously stop or I will be halted by my body's overwhelming need for rest.

So I have determined that tomorrow, I will ...... just breathe.


I will be ..... still.


I will enjoy my garden.


I will sit quietly, watching and listening to the grass grow.


I will listen to the ducks and all their activity in the creek.


I may pull a weed or two.


I will fill the finch feeder.


I will catch a few moments of early morning sun.


I will enjoy a cup of tea with my mom.


I will catch up on some reading.


I will bake some cookies for Don.


I will finish a dress to wear to the rehearsal dinner for my brother-in-laws wedding.


I may do a little cleaning, laundry, maybe do some organizing ....
Oh wait I'm supposed to be just breathing.
Forget the cleaning, laundry, organizing ... it can wait until Thursday.

I'll start my day with a delicious cup of fresh ground & brewed coffee, then maybe a little stretching with my new Shiva Rea yoga DVD. I will then take some time to pamper my feet which are exquisitely painful from all the standing and running around. A luxurious soak, a peppermint scrub, then scented olive oil left to soak in for a while, then maybe a little reflexology on my sore spots.

Can tomorrow come soon enough .... I can hardly wait.

5 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

Sounds good to me. Now who will babysit my kids so I can come :)

COLLEEN said...

Count me in too!!!

Chris said...

How is the breathing going? Hope you are having a restful day!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Sebrina, Colleen, Barb - while you're having your feet pampered, I'll weed the gardens.

julochka said...

i hope you did all that! and that you were surrounded by beautiful flowers like the one in your picture. :-)

Printing

Print Posts