Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Where oh Where is Spring?

Spring must be on the way - today this little lady came to visit in my back garden. I really don't know where they are finding their food, so I have filled my feeder, but so far they have not found it.

I scan the trees in the ravine daily waiting patiently to see my first Cardinal, Gold Finch or Baltimore Oriole.

As I stand outside, I can hear the water trickling down the eaves trough. I look to the ravine and see the swollen creek rushing somewhere with complete abandonment. I can hear the trees shaking off the winter coats which have covered them during the cold winter months. The sap which has been sluggish is warming up and starting to run in preparation for the dazzling new attire they will soon be wearing.

I too am yearning for the colours of spring, so today I fed my spring fever with a shopping cart full of colour to brighten up the last few days of Winter.

Yellow, orange & spring green purses along with a silk scarf which matches the colours to tie on the handle of whichever one I carry.

As well, some shirts in vibrant colours. I love to enjoy colourful foods, so "why shouldn't I wear colourful clothing?" I asked myself.

When I looked through my clothing from the last few years, it seemed that all my shirts are white with a little pastel thrown in here and there.

So I tell myself - "Girl, it's time to shake up your wardrobe colours."

As you can see I found a very bright orange polo shirt, a yellow sweater and spring green tee shirt .... my favourite is the multi colour tunic with the black neckline. As well, I found a great pair of cargo pants in a neutral beige. I even picked up some paisley pj bottoms with a green tank top.

As well, I found a great trench coat - my only concern is that it is white, however the labels says it's washable. I was in Wal Mart picking up the packing materials for an Easter basket for my grandchildren and decided to take a quick walk through the clothing department. When I reached the coats I happened upon a trench made by "George" for only $37.00. Figured I can't go wrong at that price.

So although Spring has not arrived here judging by the weather and the great mountains of snow still on my lawn, I am going to start incorporating a little colour into my daily clothing choices which will make me feel more like spring and certainly more colourful.

Colour just makes me happy!!!

I heard a thousand blended notes
While in a grove I sate reclined,
In that sweet mood when pleasant thoughts
Bring sad thoughts to the mind.

To her fair works did Nature link
The human soul that through me ran;
And much it grieved my heart to think
What Man has made of Man.


Through primrose tufts, in that sweet bower,
The periwinkle trail'd its wreaths;
And 'tis my faith that every flower
Enjoys the air it breathes.

The birds around me hopp'd and play'd,
Their thoughts I cannot measure,—
But the least motion which they made
It seem'd a thrill of pleasure.

The budding twigs spread out their fan
To catch the breezy air;
And I must think, do all I can,
That there was pleasure there.

If this belief from heaven be sent,
If such be Nature's holy plan,
Have I not reason to lament
What Man has made of Man?

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments:

Printing

Print Posts