Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"54"

This year I had decided that I wasn't going to bother with birthdays anymore. At my age - not that I think I am old, I feel lucky to have good health and such a wonderful life.

I think I will continue "not bothering" with birthdays anymore, because I had more cards, more attention and more fun this year than I can ever remember.

First party was at Sebrina's home with my darling grandchildren. We had a wonderful dinner and then cake with candles. Of course I couldn't blow the candles out alone, but had three helpers as you can see ... Ryan, Zander & Jayden, three of the loves of my life.

Zander enjoyed the butter cream icing on the candles.

We had lots of fun with a little dancing, here are Zander and Jayden playing their air guiters.

After the cake was served we were sitting at the table and Jayden our 6 year old grandson asked "So, Mammy how old are you?".

Silly me I said, "How old do you think I am Jayden?"

Then in all of his childish wonder and innocence he looked me right in the eye and said, "67?"

Guess I deserved that leaving a question like that wide open. I thought he would have guessed "30". I remember thinking 30 was ancient when I was a child.

The best part of that evening was the wonderful gift that I received from them. My very own copy of "The Four Agreements" - one of my favourite books.

Here's my girl - Gabriella and me sharing a moment. She is such a joy and everything right now is full of wonder to her. I enjoy looking at things through her eyes.

Then a few more festivities on Sunday at my in-laws. Here I am with my nieces Vanessa and Rebecca.

On Monday night, my sister, Fran brought dinner for us, steaks, steamed veggies and Caesar salad to which I added "Tuscan Smashed Potatoes" and "Potato Leek Soup". Then she brought a delicious cake - angel food with whipped cream, crushed pineapple and strawberries .... yummy!

Yesterday, which was my actual birth date, I had my physio therapy in the morning and then off to the spa for a lovely pedicure, facial and mini massage. It was a lovely, lazy, pampering way to spend a few hours on my birthday.

Then at home I found a gift at my door from a dear friend.

Don brought home Japanese food (my favorite) for dinner and gave me Winnie the Pooh's honey pot in Swarovski crystal which goes with the Swarovski Winnie the Pooh he gave me for Christmas.

So all in all I felt quite special this birthday, it lasted a whole lot longer than just my one day.

Thank you to everyone for remembering my day and making me feel very special.

1 comment:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Happy belated birthday Barb. You sure look great for 67... opps, 54.

Printing

Print Posts