Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Love ....

........ this child.

My third grandson ~ Mammys love.

He is precocious ...... he is daring ...... he is precious ...... he is sweet ...... he is beautiful ...... he is so very gentle with his baby sister ...... he loves his mammy and never fails to greets me with kisses and tight hugs after jumping into my arms (usually from the third step).


(We won't be able to do this much longer, he's getting heavy).

While visiting last week, he and I had fun playing a game called "Guess Who". On our second game, I guessed who he was on my second question. He stopped with shock on his face, looked up at me and said, "Mammy ~ you're right." The stunned look on his face as he gave me a high five was absolutely priceless.


Then on Saturday, while we were entertaining friends, the doorbell rang.

Don went to the door and I heard him say, "Oh my God." I couldn't imagine who was there when I heard the voice of our little princess.

She came in and ran immediately to her "Poppa" and stayed in his arms for most of the visit. She was quite shy with our friends, but had no trouble entertaining everyone as long as she was in Poppa's arms.

While in his arms, I asked for a hug and kiss and she placed her little hands ~ one of each of my cheeks and brought my face to hers to give me a kiss. It was such a tender moment, that I could barely contain my heart from bursting with love for this precious child.

This young lady is very girly (Mammy is looking forward to pedicures together) ..... she loves sparklies (I must always wear jewellry for her when I visit ~ she does look for it) ..... she is entertaining ...... she is loving ...... she knows what she wants ...... she is going to break hearts ..... she is going to make her daddy worry ..... she is stunning ....... she adores her Poppa.

How fortunate am I to be Mammy to such wonderful grandchildren? And these are only two of my loves.

I could never imagine being separated from my four babes. They are my happiness ~ the air I breath. Just the thought of them, brings sunshine to my day.

As I sit here writing this I am looking forward to my visit tomorrow, hoping that Ryan our oldest grandson is better from a cold he was fighting earlier this week. Fingers crossed he will be better tomorrow and Mammy will once again have her weekly fix.

2 comments:

Alli said...

Such a wonderful tribute! I look forward to having my own grandchildren! Sometimes Diego jokes about adopting adult children so we can get to that step faster...it is good for a laugh but he doesn't really mean it... :)

Mamato2 said...

Precious! May you all enjoy each other a long, loooooooong time!

Printing

Print Posts