Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fabric & Flowers

What a beautiful spring day it was yesterday with more of the same on the way today?

I thought it would be nice to take my mom out somewhere she has never been before, so off we went to Ikea.

She was a little overwhelmed by the size of it ~ it really is quite a large store.

She enjoyed it thoroughly and we stopped by the restaurant for breakfast which she really liked.

As I walked through the window coverings & fabric section, these beautiful fabrics practically jumped into my shopping cart, so I relented and purchased a couple metres of each.


I won't say what I'm making, but they will somehow make it into the "Handmade Giveaway".

Then when we got home, my son stopped by ~ a surprise visit with these beautiful roses for me.

It was a lovely finish to a beautiful day.

I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful week.





2 comments:

julochka said...

those naughty ikea fabrics, they very often do that. :-) i was attacked by some fabric just today, but it was in an åhlens, not ikea (but they're another swedish store). :-)

did you eat meatballs for breakfast? because you must eat meatballs at ikea. :-)

those are some lovely flowers!

happy tuesday!
/julie

Anonymous said...

Ikea is fun for the whole family.

Love that fabric. Especially the funky leaves and trees.

Roses - what a sweet surprise!

Printing

Print Posts