Wednesday, March 18, 2009

How Beautiful Is This????

Yesterday I received a package in the mail from a dear friend whose blog I regularly read.

We have never met, but have shared numerous emails and lots of comments on each others' blog.

I apologize for the sideways shot, but no matter how hard I tried, it absolutely refuses to upload right side up, so here is the beautiful shawl knit of Noro wool, which Vickie sent to me ~ albeit sideways. It's is gorgeous no matter how you look at it. The wool is so soft and luxurious and I have been wanting to pick some up and make something, anything just to feel this beautiful yarn pass through my fingers as I knit.

I must mention here that knitting is a moderately new craft to this lady. She just started knitting last year if I'm not mistaken.

Beautifully done Vickie!!!!

Thank you so much. I am actually sitting in the office with the window open right now and have the shawl around my shoulders to keep the chill off.

It is clasped together with a beautiful handmade wooden ornament made specifically to hold the shawl from falling off the shoulders.

It also came with a gorgeous card hand painted by her husband Dave - Thank you Dave - another cherished keepsake.

There was also a deliciously fragrant peppermint handmade soap which was made by Sherrie over at Frenchy's Finds. Can hardly wait to try this invigorating soap.

5 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Oh Wow it's already there. It took less than a week by snail mail. Seems the further you send something the faster it travels :-) I'm so happy you like it. That shawl (while in progress) traveled with me to buy a wedding dress in Moncton, New Brunswick. That is probably the best most delicious yarn I've worked with so far. When I saw the yarn I thought of you immediately. About your New Year's intention of "The Year of Barb" and how you might want to be daring and try a splash of wild-vibrant colors (can't get any wilder with colors than this).

Even though we have never met except with words I cherish our friendship very much. You are so "real" with your words.

Enjoy the shawl and don't forget to "Celebrate Life". Vickie xoxo

Sebrina Wilson said...

Wow!! So beautiful!! How nice of Vickie!!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! Oh I love it Barb. Vickie did an amazing job. What a creative and talented lady. Thanks for posting a picture of it. I love the colours and you are so right the Noro yarn is beautiful. I just finished knitting a scarf with some of it. Enjoy your lovely shawl.

Alli said...

I am feeling all big inside. This is so beautiful! Friends meeting online and nurturing their friendship, exchanging thoughtful words and gifts. I hope one day you will get to meet but know that you will continue your friendship regardless. The shawl is beautiful and so is the story of your friendship.

Mamato2 said...

Okay you're going to kill me, but b/c of the sideways shot and the pin thing, my first thought was a really fancy diaper! LOL I see them made out the strangest things in Haiti and all 3 points meet in the center to be pinned, so not REALLY losing my mind :)
But, reading your description and looking more closely I can definitely see it's a shawl and such a pretty, "happy" one at that. Enjoy it!

Printing

Print Posts