Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Monday

As I sit here this morning enjoying my morning coffee, I'm watching a very gentle spring snow fall as it comes to an end.

It's one of those beautiful snowfalls with big, wet snowflakes that holds onto everything as it comes tumbling out of the sky.

Everything has a light coating of white ~ my concrete statuary in the garden are all wearing garments of white ~ the gazebo frame which is charcoal gray has a ribbon of white laid carefully over top of the frame ~ the cedar bushes are frosted with white whipped cream ~ the deck has been covered with white velvet ~ the bare trees are a study in sharp contrast as the dark brown limbs hold onto the snow ~ the bird feeder has been dusted with icing sugar ~ every plant laying dormant in the ravine behind us has been sprinkled with white frosting ~ all the homes have changed the colour of their roofs to pure white ~ Chelsea after going out for her morning, ahem "constitutional" came in looking like she had been sprinkled with coconut ~ the birds are not in flight, but taking cover under the larger branches on trees ~ even the chain link fence between our garden and the ravine is outlined in white.

Outside my window looks like a crisp black and white photograph with a few focal points of colour.

I have to describe this quickly ~ it blew in wild and willful, but was over in just a few moments.

I am not posting any pictures of this beautiful scene ~ you will have to use your imagination to see what I see.

Have a lovely, happy Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so descriptive and beautiful. I really could see it.

Printing

Print Posts