Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's Done!


Here's my quilt that I started a couple of weeks ago using the Amy Butler pattern. You can get to the free pattern here.

Not too big ~ just enough to throw over my lap if I feel a little chilly.

I quilted the entire piece by hand. After quilting a couple of seams on the sewing machine, I wasn't too crazy about the finish, thus the hand quilting. I really like the way hand quilting looks especially after the first wash and dry when it puckers it up so nicely.

I quilted using a stitch-in-the-ditch technique on every seam and then bound the edges with the blue & white toille pattern.

I'm very happy with the result.

Julie, you might be interested to know ~ I just couldn't master sewing the binding on with the sewing machine. This, even after looking at instructions on line and also the pictoral instructions in my Kaffe Fassett quilting book, so I cut and sewed the strips by machine and then hand sewed the entire binding onto the quilt by hand. Got the corners bang on by hand.

6 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

Great job!! I love toile!

julochka said...

beautiful! i saw some similar prints on the pottery barn website just the other day, so it's very NOW as well. :-)

i don't think i could do the binding by hand! tho' i think on the orange one that karoline made when she was last here, we'll have to do it by hand on the back side. with my one that i backed with fleece, i could easily cheat and do the whole thing with the machine!

anyway, yours is lovely! so glad you shared it!! :-)

Chris said...

Awesome job Barb! Let me get this right....you started it a couple weeks ago? Amazing! It looks great.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

BEAUTIFUL I say !!!!! I love all the different colors. Your projects are so well made.

Sherrie said...

Wow, it's fantastic! Well done! :)

COLLEEN said...

It is lovely Barb. One of these days I will try my hand at making a quilt...one of these days.
he he

Printing

Print Posts