Friday, February 20, 2009

What Am I Working On Now You Ask??


My craft room seems to have inspired my creativity lately and I just can't seem to sit still without something in my hands.

About a month ago Sebrina and I spent a day together for her birthday. While we were out we popped into a fabric store. They have just started to carry a small collection of yarn. While I was going through the yarns and free patterns, I saw this pattern for a poncho. The yarn is a wool bamboo mix made by Moda Dea.

I didn't care for the colour combination shown on the pattern to the left ~ it felt a little wintry to me .... so I decided to purchase a lovely natural off white colour and make it.

Fingers crossed I'll have it completed by spring so I can throw it on over a pair of jeans when the weather is a little cool, but too warm for a coat.

One side is completed and I'm about 1/3 of the way up the other side.

Here's how the pattern is shaping up so far.

I'm just loving the texture. It is quite an easy pattern but very boring. A two stitch cable every three stitches which switches from front to back every other row.

Stay tuned ~ I'll post it when it's finished ~ hopefully in the next week or two.

Here's a closeup showing the pattern and texture.









No comments:

Printing

Print Posts