Friday, February 20, 2009

Food Week


Although I'm not participating in "Food Week" this week I have thoroughly enjoyed some of the yummy recipes shared by the participants. You can see whose participating here.

In my effort to try to calm down whatever is going on with my digestive tract, I've been eating less and less meat, so last night at dinner I made a vegetarian dinner for myself. My mom and Don also ate these dishes but had chicken pot pie with it.

Here's what I had and let me tell you it was yummy!
I pan fried onions & garlic in a little olive oil until the onions were translucent. Drop in about 20 grape tomatoes cut in half. Then top it all off with a bunch of chopped swiss chard and continue cooking wilted. After it was done I sprinkled it all over with Herbamare® Provencale Aromatic Sea Salt (made by A. Vogel).

The other dish we enjoyed was yams cooked until tender, mashed with a little butter and Herbamare. Mash half an avocado with a little lemon juice, cumin a sprinkle or two of Herbamare. Top off the yams with a big spoonful of the guacamole.

The other half of avocado I scooped out and chopped with tomato, feta, red onion & a little lime juice drizzled over top. Fill up the avocado skin with the mix and enjoy!

Sorry no pictures, you'll just have to imagine how delicious this was and the best part for me was no tummy problems afterward.

1 comment:

Sebrina Wilson said...

oh I can imagine!! Sounds delish!!

Printing

Print Posts