Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What I Love About Winter!


When it's so cold outside that there are feathers on the windows.

When it's so cold outside that the snow cracks when you walk on it.

When the sun shines brilliantly on the snow and it glitters like diamonds.

When I go for a walk in the ravine and hear the trees crack.

When the ice crystallizes around stones, tree limbs, anything laying in the creek where the water swirls its' icy fingers around each object.

When the cold permeates our home creating the need to wrap up in lots of warm & cozy blankets.

The dazzling colours of a blue sky against the blinding white of the snow.

Going out, turning on the heat in the car seat to warm the leather and then gradually feeling the warmth work itself into my body.

A cafe latte.

The stillness .......

3 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Yup, everything you said goes for me too. Winter = cozy ! but I guess those poor souls that have to work outside won't say it's cozy.

Sebrina Wilson said...

I love all those things.... in December! I tolerate them in January... I am done with them in February and I HATE them in March!!! lol

COLLEEN said...

I love the last thing you mentioned the very best....the stillness.

Printing

Print Posts