Saturday, April 26, 2008

Coat is Finally Finished


Here is the finally finished Berrocco™ coat/shrug I've been working on. You will need to click on the picture to see the stitch work and cables in the coat.


The first picture shows the back which I think is rather interesting. It is knit in an elongated triangle and then each side/ front is picked up down each side of the triangle and then knit side to side.

This was a challenging sweater to knit. Designed by Norah Gaughan, her ideas are quite thought intensive, so there were many sessions of taking back my knitting until I got the hang of her thought processes.

As well, I've hung it so you can see the length. It wears somewhat like a very long shrug. It only comes together on the top part of the yoke and then each side gently pulls away all the way down to the bottom. Should be quite nice when the weather turns chilly again (not that I'm looking forward to that - just getting prepared) and I just need a little something to keep me warm.

The Peruvian yarn that I used is incredibly soft and knits up beautifully.

I am quite happy with this and look forward to wearing it ....

1 comment:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

BEAUTIFUL ! You have good reason to be very happy about this knitted project. I'm hoping that I'll become an experienced knitter like you and make myself nice pieces of clothing.

Printing

Print Posts