Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Saying Good Bye

First, thank you my friends for your comments, your emails and your very kind wishes during my dad's illness.

Tuesday morning at 10:30am (July 22, 2008), daddy slipped into a coma and at 8:30pm my dad George Bowman took his final breath.

The fire that drove my dad through his entire life was extinguished tonight.

He died in my mother's arms, my sister, my daughter, my husband, my brother and me surrounding him with love as we released him, allowing him to leave us.

Good bye daddy, thank you dad for letting me love you, for letting me share myself and my thoughts with you, for letting me nurse you .... I'll cherish these weeks forever.

Your Barbie

5 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Dear Barb - I am so sorry to hear the news about your dad. I am sending you and your family all my strength and energy for the coming days. Please know that I was thinking about you the past weeks and that I'll be thinking and praying for you more then ever in the next days to come.

We can't say it's the end for your dad because I think last night he started the journey he was destined to make. Our time on earth is only a very short pit-stop before we start our ''real'' living.

God bless you Barb and your wonderful family. Take care and know that someone in Nova Scotia is praying with you.

COLLEEN said...

Dearest Barb - I am so sorry for your loss. What a gift that you were able to be with him at the very end and he was surrounded by love as he died. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Love and Peace.
Colleen

Phyllis Hunt McGowan said...

We've all here had a little chance to know of your father and how much he meant to you, and in that way you've shared his story so that we think of him too, right across the world. That is so important.
Make sure you take care of yourself. Thank you for telling this at such a hard time.

Chris said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Barb. I hope you find comfort in your memories and that he is no longer suffering. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. God bless.

Chris

julochka said...

my thoughts are with you and family.

just cherish the time you had, not only at the end, but a whole lifetime.

Printing

Print Posts