Thursday, July 3, 2008

"Apertures" "Shutters" & "Zoom" OH MY!!!

Here is our new camera.

Don has always preferred Canon cameras and our last & first digital camera was the Canon Powershot Elph with 4Mp and 3X zoom. That camera followed on the heels of a couple of good old fashioned 35mm Canon cameras with all the extra lenses, filters, etc....

This new Canon PowerShot A720 upgrades us to 8MP and 6X zoom. It uses two AA batteries which for me will be better. The Canon PowerShot Elph used rechargeable lithium batteries, but I found they didn't hold their charge for very long after a few years of use, so we were constantly recharging and had to keep a spare always charged.

The pictures on my previous post of the lilies were taken with the new camera. I was particularly pleased with the water droplets and how well they showed up on the picture without even using either the zoom or macro feature.

Now the only problem I am facing with this camera is that it only comes with 16mg of memory just enough for 6 pictures, so I will have to upgrade the memory.

So now I am looking forward to some picture taking with my new toy.

2 comments:

COLLEEN said...

Wow, awesome camera. I really want my own digital camera -- I am still borrowing Kiera's to take all my pics.

Iris said...

Canon love! I have a PowerShot S3 IS and I never go anywhere without it. It can be kinda cumbersome carrying around in my purse some days but the things I've been able to capture with it are so worth it. I never really was one of those girls who carry a small bag anyways. ;)

Your flower pictures you got with this one look fantastic!

Printing

Print Posts