Monday, November 5, 2007

Another Knee Update

Well, today I started acupuncture on my knee to help with my pain management. I was a little nervous at first, I'm quite squeamish about the area around my knee. Knowing there is an artificial knee in there is taking me a while to get used to.

The almost instant relief when the acupuncture needles were in place was incredible. It felt like a warm blanket being slowly lowered and wrapped around my leg. The therapist did this first, then ultrasound and then we stretched. It sure made the stretching a "little" easier.

She told me that the majority of patients following this surgery stay on narcotics for up to 4 weeks, so she is surprised that I have opted to do this without them. Even with the pain, she is still very happy with my progress. I'm not, but then I'm very impatient to be back to normal. I don't like being down for the count.

As well, I had my first outing this weekend. We packed my walker in the trunk and we went to the Bay to buy Don a new pair of Florsheim shoes for his brothers wedding which is this weekend already. I'm so excited. While we were there, I stopped by the jewellery counter "just to look" and we saw a beautiful Swarovski crystal bracelet and chandelier earrings which Don bought me to wear with my dress for the wedding and it just happens to match a Swarovski crystal brooch that he bought me a couple of years ago and I will wear as well. Won't I just be the sparkling presence!! I managed the outing, but came home with very swollen foot, ankle and calf. I'm not ready to do any serious walking yet.

Well, again here's to better days ahead!!

No comments:

Printing

Print Posts