Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Re-Connecting with Sherri

What a wonderful day I had yesterday!!!!

Sebrina, Gabriella & I drove one hour & 15 minutes to Waterloo yesterday to visit with Sherri and Bethelyn after leaving Ethiopia & Sherri back in March.


This is our very first picture all together.


Our two little Ethiopian sisters got along wonderfully. Beth even came to both Sebrina & I without making strange whatsoever. Sherrie said, "Maybe there's a soul connection there."


How wonderful it was to see Sherri & Beth again after all these months, how much Beth has grown, seeing Sherri in her lovely home and visiting without all the stress we all endured in Ethiopia. We got to share some more stories, talked about our favourite cab driver Sinta and just sat over the beautiful lunch Sherri prepared for us & reminisced.


While in Ethiopia, Sherri's husband Ivan was a wonderful support to her not to mention the hours of research and government contacts he made on hers and our behalf.


So you can imagine our surprise when he came home for lunch. It was truly a joy to meet him and to be able to thank him personnally for his wonderful attentions and support we felt across all the miles.



I brought my scrapbook of all the pictures Sherri & I had shared from Ethiopia for her see and as well I brought two of her pictures which I had printed in Sepia and framed. She hand signed these beautiful original photographs for me which I will cherish always. Thanks Sherri!!!

No comments:

Printing

Print Posts