Sunday, February 28, 2010

You Shouldn't Have


Alli over at http://www.oceantreasures.blogspot.com/ gave me this award last week. I've been a little busy and am now just getting around to joining in the fun.

First, thanks Alli for this award. I hope I can live up to your very kind words.

Here's the rules, list 10 things and 10 blogs that make you happy.

1. My family ~ the treasures in my life. As I get older, I realize how important it is to treasure each and every moment with them.

2. My friends. They hold me up, they keep me sane, they love me just for who I am.

3. Good food. As I journey down this road to a healthier lifestyle, I am rediscovering old favourites and discovering some new favourites, luscious soups, crispy stir fries, curried beans with vegetables and something as simple as a date with a dollop of fresh goat cheese and an almond slipped inside like a little treasure waiting to be found.

4. A pedicure. The luxurious hour I am fortunate enough to enjoy every month to keep my feet in beautiful walking condition.

5. The peace by the lake when I'm walking. The smell of the water as it crashes over the rocks, the gulls screaming as they swoop and swirl above the water, the wind as it whispers through the tall grasses, the little chickadees nesting in the old trees, coming across a small field where I see deer tracks in the snow.

6. Reading. I love books, how they smell, how they feel, how they look lined up in perfect order on my bookshelves. I am especially drawn lately to beautifully detailed and photographed cookbooks.

7. The sun coming in the windows in my living room first thing in the morning. Getting comfy on the sofa with a few feather cushions and a velvet throw ~ in the early dawn waiting for the sun to come up and start the dance of lights around my room.

8. My new Breville juicer. I LOVE MY JUICER!

9. A good chiropractic adjustment. After years and years of pain being told by my chiropractor that my scans are almost perfect. Is there anything better?

10. My new smaller & healthier body. To date 26 pounds down, my BMI down by 2 points, 8 inches lost (from the important spots) and 2 sizes smaller (I can shop in regular size stores now) ~ clarity of mind, a lower level of daily pain and a body that actually works with me instead of against me.

Blogs that make me happy.

Since Alli and I read many of the same blogs: I can only list a few blogs that she didn't list herself. As well, I don't read a lot of blogs, but enjoy staying with the same ones day in and day out. I feel like these are my friends even though we have never met.

1. Julie at Moments of Perfect Clarity. Julie's blog is just purely happy, colourful, homey and her thoughts on many subjects give pause for thought many a day.

2. Sebrina at Sebrina Wilson Photography. My daughter's portraits are simply stunning, artistic and creative. Maternity shots, newborns, children, families, engagement and wedding photos. She captures each moment in a soulful, calm, pure and simple way that touches my heart with each photo shoot she shares.

3. Colleen at Gradual Transition is inspiring. She is on a journey to better health and I am pleased to be able to walk this road right beside her.

4. Vickie at Frenchy Addict. Although Alli awarded her first, I just have to duplicate it and give it to her again. I love popping by her blog to see what's new in her world, knitting socks, sewing up an apron, having a girl's only glam night, sharing her gardening adventures. It's just a lovely restful moment to drop in to visit here.

5. Alli at Ocean Treasures. Here's the happy award back to you Alli ~ Your knowledge is awesome, I learn something new each time I pop by for a visit and your orchids are especially beautiful and breathtaking.

Won't you drop by and see why these "friends" of mine make me happy.

1 comment:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Thanks for the mention here Barb. You know I read your blog regularly. I am always curious to see what you are up to next. Always on the move. And your writing is so beautiful.

Printing

Print Posts