Friday, February 5, 2010

Great Day Today


What an amazing day I had today with my food choices.

For breakfast I had steel cut oats, at lunch a homemade asparagus soup with a spoonful of organic miso. Mid afternoon I enjoyed a banana/pineapple/raspberry smoothie with a tbsp of hemp protein powder.

Then for dinner the piece de resistance ~ a delicious curried lentil dish.

In a saucepan I browned 1 chopped onion and 6-7 chopped garlic cloves in a little olive oil. I generously sprinkled it with cumin, curry powder, cayenne pepper and sea salt to taste.

When it was browned I added 2 chopped sweet potatoes, approximately 1 1/2 cups Puy lentils and covered with homemade vegetable broth. When the liquid was absorbed (about 3o minutes), I added 4-5 handfuls of organic baby spinach.

Then I made up one avocado into guacamole and spooned it on top of the lentil dish. YUMMY!!!

I am not missing animal products at all in this new diet. Besides with a delicious day of food like I had today, who needs it.

Printing

Print Posts