Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Today's My Big Day

Well, today is my big day! My surgery is scheduled for 2:00pm this afternoon.

I have been instructed to have nothing by mouth since midnight last night, so needless to say I am hungry & very dry.

My anxiety seems to have quietened as this date drew nearer. The inevitability of this surgery seems to be the factor that has aided in my calm acceptance.

After quite a lot of research I have decided to have this surgery with a spinal, wasn't my first choice as I would prefer to be totally out when they have to use the bone saw and drill. So when I have my interview with the anesthesiologist today I will specifically ask him to please ensure that I am asleep. Research shows that the spinal gives a few hours after surgery pain free which aids in the bodies ability to heal faster.

As well I mentioned in an earlier blog, I have started using homeopathy for this surgery, Arnica for the bruising, bleeding & swelling, Ruta for the specifics of orthopedic surgery & Gelsemium for the anxiety (still experiencing heart palpitations). I took my first dose last night and my second this morning. I will need to take a dose as close to the surgery time as possible and then as close to regaining consciousness as well. Don has taken today off to be with me, so he will make sure I get my remedies. As well my sister Frannie is coming to keep Don company while he waits during my 2 hour surgery and 2 hour recovery. I imagine it will be a long afternoon for both of them.

I have to be at the hospital at 12:00 to check in, so I'm going to get back to making sure I have everything packed that I will need for the next week while I am in the hospital.

I will update upon my return home.

No comments:

Printing

Print Posts