Monday, October 29, 2007

H

H - Health .... this is an appropriate entry after my last two weeks following my knee replacement.

I do realize that conventional medicine has its' place and I had no choice in this decision to have my knee replaced. It was either that or probably end up on a walker permanently, so the decision was fairly easy to make.

First I have been put on a very large drug cocktail which my poor body is really having trouble with. I inject myself every day with a blood thinner. Every four hours I take a narcotic pain killer, but it makes me vomit, so I have to offset that side effect with a prescription anti-nausea medication. In the hospital they had me on an iron supplement - certainly wasn't a natural supplement, it played havoc with my bowels, so .... let's offset that side effect with an anti-diarrhea medication.

Then the food, much was made about how important it is to eat properly in order to get the proper amounts of vitamin C, iron and calcium for maximum healing. Let me give you an example of one breakfast I was served. The tray was delivered with juice full of glucose/fructose and a complete line of ingredients I couldn't pronounce (if I can't say it don't eat it is my motto), a box of corn flakes and a processed toaster waffle and corn syrup .... where is the nutrition in this breakfast????

H - homeopathy.

H - home, I love my home, my home tells my friends and family who I am ... I am told frequently it is warm, inviting and cozy.

H - Honda .... these are the only automobiles that we purchase and drive. When I had my accident 3 years ago, I was t-boned, the car was a write-off, but I was able to get up and walk away from the vehicle. Love my honda!

H - hair ... much ado is made about a woman's hair and unfortunately I buy into that philosophy. Since entering menopause a few years ago, I am experiencing a great deal of hair loss, which I struggle with regularly ... how to my hair, how to have it cut, how to get a lift with such a small amount of hair, how to style it so it covers my scalp at the front ..... hmmmm, maybe I'll just buy a wig.

No comments:

Printing

Print Posts